20090403

Unsatisfied

Supposedly, I lead a full life. That's what I'm told by family, friends, colleagues, clients, and my neighbor's jack russel. I'm busy. I'm on the go. I'm always doing something.

But tonight, I'm not satisfied with what I've been doing. There's a fire burning out in the stove, dirty dishes in the sink from the dinner I cooked, and I should be sleeping already.

I need to get motivated. I need a swift kick in the ass. I need to be shaken out of my complacency.

I drove through Truckee yesterday and realized that all of town and the valley floor has completely melted out. That means the trails around town have completely. Melted. Out. I found a small climbing wall with dirt cheap prices in Truckee as well. And there's still two plus feet of snow in my backyard.

Its time to put up or shut up. My other blog is titled Climb.Ski.Run.Sleep.Repeat. I need to start following my own writing. I need to start climbing again, skiing backcountry again, running. Again. I need to start living my writing instead of writing about my living.

Sorry that you had to read this - but I'm starting to wake-the-fuck-up just as I am ready to go to sleep.

Tomorrow is going to be a brand-spanking-new-damn day.

Goodnight

2 comments:

  1. "tomorrow is going to be a brand-spanking-new-damn-day", just don't forget to plan for the Zombie Apocalypse. You never know ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF!!! IS THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!? PATRICK!

    ReplyDelete